Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

ELIZABETH TAYLOR + Her Legendary Love Affair With Richard Burton + Jewelry: July Vanity Fair Mag









TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY
It’s no secret that:
1. ELIZABETH TAYLOR + RICHARD BURTON= the biggest love affair of all time.
2. LIZ TAYLOR is one of my forever fashion icons
3. LIZ was in the tiny of circle of American women who possessed the most incredible jewels created. Others include: Doris Duke, Babe Paley.
I once spent an entire day reading ELIZABETH TAYLOR – MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH JEWELRY [ Edited by Ruth A. Peltason, Simon & Schuster].

It was with delight that I read that La Liz trended #3 on Google’s Top 10 this a.m.
This, gives me the excuse to share some images from the above book and to pore over it – all over again, before going-off to teach.

Liz was also celebrated for her supreme acting abilities [International Velvet, Giant, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Cleopatra etc etc] and her stormy love affair with on-again, off-again hubby, Richard Burton, one of the best actors who has ever lived.

I’m certain that the July issue of Vanity Fair will do a superb job of chronicling the “it couple’s” lives, back in the sixties when THEY were today’s Brangelina – but with a whole lot more style. Here’s an excerpt from one of the famous love letters Vanity Fair will reveal.
“On love: “One of these days I will wake up–which I think I have done already–and realize to myself that I really do love. I find it very difficult to allow my whole life to rest on the existence of another creature. I find it equally difficult, because of my innate arrogance, to believe in the idea of love….”

Three more weeks until VANITY FAIR is tucked into my mailbox. I’m counting-down.

For additional previews: www.vanityfair.com

No comments:

Post a Comment