Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The WACOAL Event: Gorgeous Retro Bra and Panty Sets With a MadMen Twist





TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY

WACOAL's CLASSY RETRO GLAM
Here’s a company with an appreciation for retro glam. If this brings-up visions of ‘Joan Holloway’ in ‘Madman’, you're on the right track. Actress Christina Hendricks has eclipsed many of the stars in the hit AMC Series for her killer body and superb acting skills. Her May 2010 Esquire cover put her on a par with the late Marilyn Monroe after Esquire's readers voted her "hottest woman around".
The crack shot PR team at La Force+Stevens were on the case way before me.
Ms. Hendricks has already been the lucky recipient of several of the lacy Wacoal lacy retro bra and panty sets. I can’t think of any other actress working who would be a better poster girl for these sexy yet elegant scraps of lace.
The Retro Chic Full Figure Underwire retails for $58.00 and scored an impressive 5/5 customer rating. A customer on www.macys.com raves, “
"An outstanding bra. Great shape and support for full coverage needs. You won't be disappointed, and this is a beautiful bra without looking industrial!"


*The event LaForce+Stevens held was to introduce the new lines at Wacoal and I got a chance to have a one-to-one fitting with an experienced fitter. As there weren't any small sizes, I met up with her at Bloomingdales' in the enormous lingerie department later that afternoon. If the fitter hadn't been there to hold my hand, I would have bolted, as the selection was simply overwhelming. The bra due to hit my doorstep in a week or so and I'll be reporting on the fit and comfort factors then. Stay tuned!

To view the entire collection Wacoal offers, visit their extensive website at www.wacoal-america.com

Images of bra and panty sets, courtesy of LaForce+Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment