Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Welcome To Miami – Kicking Things Off With TRINA TURK’s Swimwear Line






TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY

It’s here, my favorite time of the year, sweet, sweet summertime! My absolute part of the summer is the month of July. Firstly, it’s my Birthday month [Yes, I continue to celebrate, age, my damned]. Secondly, it’s Mercedes Benz Miami Swim Wear at the Raleigh. Even on years that the shows aren’t so great, the Raleigh is a joy to behold and to hang out at.
This year, things are looking decidedly up. One of my favorite designers, TRINA TURK, will be kicking things when she debuts her Spring 2011 swimwear collection on Thursday, July 15, 2010 – the day we fly in, and my birthday. Seeing a great collection is one birthday gift I’m ALWAYS happy to receive.
According to her PR’s press release, we can look forward to lots of yummy gold hardware on the suits. Face it, swimsuits are kind of boring without some quality hardware to add a touch of glam. There will be black and white, which is always chic, as well as some vintage inspired prints. Trina was inspired by the city of Acapulco in the 1960’s & 1970’s. It’s hard to get more glamorous than that. Back the, Acapulco was one of the international jetset’s go-to getaways. Makes me think of The Taylor-Burton VILLA SCALA - I couldn't resist putting up an image of their famous lovenest.
Trina Turk is one of those designers you should know about, so here’s a thumbnail sketch. She started designing in 1995, when she introduced a collection of contemporary clothing for women which she’s carefully grown into a successful lifestyle brand which includes: women’s apparel, swimwear, accessories and home furnishings.
We were toying with the idea of making a trip over to the Bal Harbor Shops to check out the retail scene. Now that we’ve found out that Trina will make a personal appearance in her store there, on Saturday July 17th, 2010 from 4-6p.m., we’re there, no ifs ands or buts. There’s also an extra reason to attend – spend $300, and you’ll go home with a raffia clutch purse as your special gift. See you there!
To view Trina Turk’s brand, visit www.trinaturk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment