Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Saturday, July 31, 2010

One to Watch - ANJALI KUMAR and Her Feminine Capsule Collection





Bookmark and Share




TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY


It was a delight to go up to the all-white shotgun Park Avenue home studio. I was on-board from the start, when my contributor, LIZA MULVENNA, told me I should really check out her designs. The concept was right-on – a small collection of highly edited styles that Anjali will customize for you. If you prefer a shorter sleeve, you got it. A longer sleeve, that’s fine too.

We loved the silver glitter dress that Anjali told us she made for Teri Hatcher. It's a perfect pouf short sleeve scoop neck dress. She works primarily in silk and throws-in some cotton voile for seasonality.
Lest you think Anjali is a one-note designer who can just whip up a few silk dresses, think again. There's a lot more: silk dresses with bracelet sleeves with and a ruffle down the front, a 2-tone sheath, a camel cashmere skirt with silk loops and a pair of silk harem pants.
Up until this point, her best seller is the silk bias cut cowl neck silk dress, but I’m betting that with alterations, those silk harem pants will blow-out. All that’s needed is a loosening in the hip area and these will be gold with anyone who’s a size 10 or over.
With retail prices coming in $140 -360, Anajali’s line can be classified as “affordable luxury”.
Said Anjali, while suggesting things for me to try on, “You'll keep these pieces in your closet for years and they can be changed-up with your new accessories.”
Our favorite: the swirl print white + black shift dress. As my friend, Richard Spiegel, of www.thefashiontribune.com remarked, “This is a winner of a print. I’d like to see it made up as a pair of slacks.”

To order, visit www.anjalikumar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment