Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Friday, July 23, 2010

Films - "The Runaways" - A Candid Glimpse Into the Early Joan Jett Days



Bookmark and Share





TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY

Last night was that kind of night David Bowie famously sang about, " I don't want to stay in, I don't want to go out...Modern Love".
I elected to stay in and finally watch "THE RUNAWAYS", starring KRISTEN STEWART and DAKOTA FANNING. Yes, they WERE both great in the Twi-series, but there's more to these girls than hanging-out with vampires and werewolves. Kristen was totally believable as the tougher than tough JOAN JETT [who I mistakenly thought was originally from Long Island]. DAKOTA FANNING played the band's reluctant sex pot, CHERIE, to a tee. The hair, makeup and costume team got it right too, and even if you're not into girl punk bands, if you love fashion, you'll appreciate the visuals.
The best part - when the Japanese school girls actually broke the glass of the green room where the girls were relaxing pre-show and swarmed in like a bunch of hornets.
A close second - when Joan comes-up with the lyrics and music to "I Love Rock And Roll".
See it - rent it at your local RedBox kiosk.
www.redbox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment