Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oribe In Las Vegas - THE SHOW - 'Donna Arp' Glamour!




TEXT: VIVIAN GALTIER KELLY-VAN ZUTPHEN
Video of ORIBE in Las Vegas- the show, courtesy of Zaki Amin, Oribe

"I don't want to be a craftsman, that's boring. I want to be an artist....Donna Arp -it's made-up but the idea isn't. I want to reinvent glamour."
-ORIBE CANALES -

The show in this video clip is a must-see if you love any of the following: glamour, hair, John Waters, Vegas Glitz, Oribe.

I've always longed to sport the beehive bouffants shown in this video and shut my eyes and pretend I'm Kim Novak on the set of 'Vertigo'. When I'm in Miami this July for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, I'm going to make my annual pilgrimage to the Oribe salon off Lincoln Road and let the crew there give me a wonderful hair cut and a beehive set. MAYBE, just maybe, I'll be able to duplicate it back at home with a combination of Oribe's NEW PRODUCTS.
THE PRODUCTS
1. Soft Lacquer
2. Super Fine Strong
3. Dry

Note to Oribe - Not to worry! You've been the Glamour God of hair from your 'Chrome Hearts' Days of the nineties to today in your "cleaned-up" version.

For more information on the products and Oribe salons, visit www.oribe.com or call 1-800-ORIBE-99
The Miami Beach Salon is located at 1627 Euclid Avenue
Tel:(305) 538-8006

No comments:

Post a Comment