Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Monday, August 23, 2010

CUSTO BARCELONA – Fake is Great, Especially When It’s Reversible And Machine-Washable


Bookmark and Share

TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY
fall 2010 Image, courtesy of Custo Barcelona

By “fake”, I DO NOT MEAN KNOCK-OFFS. THIS FAKE IS ALSO KNOWN AS FAUX FUR.
THE KAISER, KARL LAGERFELD, MOST NOTABLY DID IT FOR FALL/WINTER 2010 AT CHANEL, BUT HAVE A LOOK AT THIS WILD LOOK BY CUSTO BARCELONA.
for Fall 2010,
CUSTO BARCELONA introduced the “2 great coats in 1”. It’s all-glam on one side, and all-about vintage on the other.
It’s currently available in Burgundy and Hunter Green, as seen on the fall 2010 New York runway show. I got there too late, and despite having a ticket to a decent seat, had to content myself with watching the show on the monitor in the Bryant Park lobby. Nonetheless, as menswear writer, MARK BEHNKE of www.fashiontribes.com and I studied the looks, I was all-in. HERE, IS A DESIGNER WHO STILL MANAGES TO CUE INTO THE TRENDS, BUT STILL DOES IT "MY WAY". We loved the color, the flash, and the sheer hutzpah of this collection, that reminded me of the ghetto-glam of one of my favorite BOND flicks, "Live and Let Die", in which one of the Harlem drug lord-villains, 'Mr. Karanga' [actor, Yaphet Kotto], wore a coat quite similar to this one, in the scene where he was assassinated in his over the top Caddy pimp mobile.
I love the fashion AND economical aspect of this coat. You get to hit fall’s vintage trend, and as for glamour – THAT is ALWAYS in fashion.

Available at www.custo-barcelona.com

No comments:

Post a Comment