Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The ANYWHERE Swim 2011 Show at the Raleigh










Bookmark and Share






TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY
Images of the Swim Anywhere Inc. Collections, Courtesy of Deborah Hughes Public Relations


When I read the line-up for the evening's festivities, I was thrilled to see that Deborah Hughes from New York, was on the evening's roster. While sitting on the side of the pool, I thought about how I'd go anywhere to say anything that Deborah Hughes is representing, even Priscilla of Boston Bridal - Bridal is my least favorite of all the fashion and lifestyle markets I cover.
Swimwear Anywhere- North America’s leading privately held swimwear manufacturer, provides fashion-driven swim apparel representing 14 apparel labels including DKNY Swim, Juicy Couture Beach, amongst others.
The highlight of the show was CARMEN MARC VALVO's segment, which included a ruched sapphire maillot and a one-shoulder perfect white maillot. Mr. Valvo was actually there for the show - a rarity in a secondary market. It might seem puzzling that I'm raving about the simplest of the suits we saw, but it takes a talented designer to make a suit [or dress for that matter] stand out with no "look at me" Swarovski crystals, hardware or bolt prints to draw you in.
Another bonus, and one that was entirely unexpected, was that I happened to be sitting next to IVANA SERT, who had designed the much-talked about costumes 'Samantha' wore on Sex & The City II. While I didn't get a chance to visit the Allure Showroom to see her clothes, Ivana's fringed black jacket gave me a heads-up of what to expect when I eventually go see her collection. Meeting Ivana was a treat and goes to show that why NOT start chatting with the person next to you at a show. You never know who you'll meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment