Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The 12 Days of Xmas-Fashion

Bookmark and Share


TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY

On the first day of Christmas,

Caswell Massey sent to me, a lovely little Gianna Rose Bird Soap, complete with her two perfect eggs, nestled in a little porcelain dish. Voila, the perfect hostess gift for under $30!

On the second day of Christmas,
my UPS Man sent to me
Two items from QVC: KJL’s “Lady Di” blue engagement ring and a pair of black Jackie O
sunglasses
in a chic red leather case.

On the third day of Christmas,
my grocer sent to me
3 bunches of fresh watercress because Dr. Nicholas Perricone

said, "It’s the new Ancient Superfood”
that may just be the secret ingredient in the Fountain of Youth. You’ll have to read his latest book, FOREVER YOUNG to find out what the rest of his magic formula is.

On the fourth day of Christmas,
X-Rated Fusion Liqueur sent to me 1 bottle of the pink elixir and 3 festive cocktail recipes to toast the holidays in. X-Rated Fusion Liqueur is a low calorie vodka infused liqueur, and delicious on the rocks, but I’ll kick things off with a special holiday cocktail, “Sassy Little Elf” with 4 gal pals
after some holiday shopping. We'll mix-up some “Holiday Mischief Makers” to help with culinary inspiration on Xmas Eve, and St. Nick’s Naughty or Nice Punch will keep things merry all through-out Xmas day.

Sassy Little Elf

2 oz. X-Rated Fusion Liqueur
1 ½ oz. guava juice or nectar
1 oz. half-n-half
½ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
garnish: lemon zest (or mini candy cane)


Vigorously shake all ingredients with ice.
Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Serve with the garnish on the rim of the glass.



On the fifth day of Christmas,

sent to me 5 Great Skin Care Products from the new SHISEIDO BENEFIANCE WRINKLE RESIST 24 line. Thanks to its advanced technology, I won’t have to visit my dermatologist and plastic surgeon for a while.

It’s a grand slam of a combo:

1.Extra Creamy Foaming Lotion

2.Wrinkle Resist Balancing Softener Enriched

3.W.R. 24 Day Cream SPF15

4.W.R.24 Night Cream

5.NEW Shiseido Suncare Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 35 PA +++. This last goodie will come in handy when I go down to Orlando in two weeks as it’s for face + body. Just remember to pack it in your check-in Lilly Pulitzer "Pink Daquiri" Tote






so the TSA Grinches don't swoop it away.


On the sixth day of Christmas,
I got busy sitting at my little gold rolltop Italian desk and knocked-out Xmas cards from HAUTE HOLIDAY CARDS, stylish eco-friendly initiatives, hauteholiday cards use papers that have high recycled content from www.hauteholiday.com with the help of a lot of Café Bustelo Espressos brewed in the Dolce Gusto Piccolo
coffee machine
, a tres
stylish coffee machine discovered at Robert Verdi’s Luxe Lounge during NYFW.


On the seventh day of Christmas,
I went to the Apple Store and bought seven different ipod covers – one for each day of the week.

On the eighth day of Christmas,
United Artists sent to me, 8 posters of Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning in "Cherry Bomb".

Joan Jett and Cherie Currie themselves didn't look this good. Aviators, anyone? You can't beat a pair of classic Ray-bans.


On the ninth day of Christmas, I pulled out my Farrow & Ball
paint catalogue
and decided that I’d start 2011 by repainting TheFE Home Office in one of their spring 2011 fashion colors. The winner? The "Elegant" room, painted in "Arsenic No.214, trimmed in "Slipper Satin".
My target - to have it done in 9 days


On the tenth day of Christmas,
I threw caution and my AMEX to the wind and went leaping over to Neiman Marcus, and did a "his and hers". If you want to pull out all the stops, the REAL "HIS + HERS" = the official 50th anniversary of NM's His & Hers gifts - the ultimate romantic retreat: the MetroShip houseboat. The 48-foot by 12-foot open floor plan and 7-foot-high interior ceiling is richly appointed, offering the best in comfort, technology, aesthetics–and portability.
Neiman Marcus
style:
HIS - 5 Tom Ford Private Blend Fragrances

HERS - 5 Tom Ford Lipsticks.

On HIS List

• Tobacco Vanille Eau de Parfum

• Oud Wood Eau de Parfum


• Amber Absolute Eau de Parfum

• Tuscan Leather Eau de Parfum

• And the latest one- Vetivier




On HERS List


• Ginger Fawn

• Black Orchid

• Pink Dusk

• Vanilla Suede

• Blush Nude




On the eleventh day of Christmas,
I went to Border’s Book Stores, picked up the “Complete Sushi Book DVD” kit, and watched Steven Pallett guide me through the process of making a respectable California roll. It's also available on www.amazon.com, where it earned a *****rating.

Nobu, it’s not, but it’s good to be able to make a basic California Roll for lunch – just like Super Model Cindy Crawford used to swear by when she needed to keep her killer bod
toned for strutting down Gianni Versace’s runway back in the day.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
I gave myself the gift of relaxation, starting with a hot bath in India Hicks' Island Living "Spider Lily" bath salts, put Sinatra's,
"Nothing But the Best"
on my Ipod and

followed by a shower with the matching body polisher, body lotion, and a spritz of the eau de toilette - all from www.crabtree-evelyn.com

Then, I snuggled onto my newly upholstered couch, courtesy of Kostas Decorating, wrapped myself-up in a snuggly "heather honey zen cardigan" from Worth with India's enormous "Casa Causarina" candle burning

on the dresser, and threw-in the DVD of the 1967 Jacqueline Susann cult classic, Valley of the Dolls and soaked in some sixties fabulosity. Try this at-home "sleep cure", just like "Neely O'Hara, Anne Welles, and Jennifer North", indulged in at exclusive Swiss jet set
spa retreats. Thanks to all of these little luxuries, I won't have to pop any "dolls" like the Girls did for my long winter's nap.

###



No comments:

Post a Comment