- Edited by Vivian Kelly
- As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
ISABELLA OLIVER – A Pregnancy Line You’ll Love – Pregnant or Not
TEXT, Vivian G. Kelly
Images of apparel, from the official website, www.isabellaoliver.com
The words, “pregnancy dressing” need no longer conjure up visions of ugly oversize floral maternity dresses and boring black leggings with kangaroo pouch waistlines.
These days, there are A-LIST worthy options out there that will have you looking as good as your friends who are their normal size 2 or 4.
Celebrities are notorious for wanting the best of everything [and usually for free]. THEY have embraced the chic ISABELLA OLIVER line, and the good news is that you can too.
Designers, VANESSA and BAUKJEN, will have you looking great at work, at holiday parties and on your time –off.
For example, PROJECT’s HEIDI KLUM rocked an ISABELLA OLIVER tank dress at the Santa Monica Pier when running around with her kids, proving that LBD’s aren’t just for “special “occasions.
FASHION & BUDGET TIP
Wear this LBD with flat black sandals like Heidi did and some classic Ray Ban aviators for day. At $175, it’s a good investment piece that will pay you back in spades as it will probably become one of your “5 easy pieces”.
Ramp it up at night with a pair of RAPHAEL YOUNG’s futuristic black and cobalt heels and an architectural evening bag by GRETCHEN from her “Alva” or “Daria” aut/win 2009 collections.
To learn more about the Raphael Young and Gretchen collections, visit the EDITE SHOWROOM on the web, www.edite.us
NOT JUST IF YOU’VE GOT A BUMP
Trolling through the website we concur with the designers’ favorites because these are pieces ANY woman would want to have in her wardrobe.
1. The cable cosy $249. If thoughts of “the Snuggie” cause your blood pressure to spike in horror, here’s a MUCH chicer alternative.
2. The Kimono Wrap, in black. Channel your inner Audrey Hepburn any old day of the week. $189.
3. The Cape – in camel, $389. Timeless chic, enough said.
4. The “Venus” – a sexy evening dress that hides anything you might want to hide in the midriff region, $359.
5. The Bustier Dress – in black. This one reminds us of something Victoria [Posh} Beckham walks around in. If she decides to go for 1 more with David, we highly recommend this one! For $229, you get a healthy dose of Herve Leger/Victoria Beckham.