Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Monday, March 1, 2010

Alien Resurrection - The Bora Aksu AW10 Show London Fashion Week






TEXT: SOFIA SHERSHONOVICH, London & LA Correspondent
EDITED BY: VIVIAN G. KELLY-VAN ZUTPHEN

When: 3.45pm 19th February 2010
Where: British Fashion Council tent, Somerset House, London WC2R 1LA

"Get away from her you bitch!" Is what I was thinking while Bora Aksu clad models were catwalking past me. I have to say however, that thing Ripley killed never looked so stylish! Although not receiving much love from the crowd I questioned after the show, I applaud the collection. This four-time NEWGEN grant winner is extremely imaginative, the mixed-textile layering is a huge emerging trend, and his is very complex. Off-colours made an appearance again, from pale greys to peachy beige paired with intricate black leggings. Snake skin and metallic detailing added even more flair to already complicated knits and oversized hips.

Bora Aksu AW10 Trends: Alien, pale off-colours, oversized hips, extreme knits.

Images, from www.londonfashionweek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment