Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The ED HARDY Resort & Swim Show at the Raleigh





Bookmark and Share







The ED HARDY Resort & Swim Show at the Raleigh

TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY

It’s no secret of what my regard is [not] when it comes to the Ed Hardy franchise. I’ve watched, blogged and yes, sniped from the sidelines since attending my 1st Christian Audigier show at Mercedes-Benz LA Fashion Week around three years ago.


Sitting front row usually guarantees you a goodie bag, but in my case, someone had already swooped in and taken my blinged-out ball cap, which I might have worn as a joke during New York Fashion Week. One of the Account Reps from PR Firm TARAINK, kindly took my name and contact info and promised he’d try to get me one. If nothing else, I walked-out impressed with this firm’s level of courtesy.
While I can't say I was feeling the female models' hair, I did like the guys' mini surfboards. Many of the models were surprisingly meaty. Could this possibly be a new trend?
Audigier’s all-woman design team piled it on: the colorful rubber watches, the studded strappy cone heels and Betty Boop round toe pumps. There were definitely those in the audience who most enjoyed the parade of “Jersey Shore” style beachwear. The business guys seated front row's eyeballs practically fell out of their heads and rolled across the runway like a stack of marbles, as the models swaggered down the runway. The suits got progressively skimpier and bling-encrusted as the show rolled on.
The show ended SO appropriately, with the song, 'I Want to be a Billionaire' by Travie McCoy. Christian Audigier may well make this his theme song as he's accomplished this goal on the back of the graffiti, Love Kills".
The “Most exciting moment in show” goes to getting to gaze at the Claudia Schiffer look-alike who stood out from the crowd of dark haired girls. The only thing I wondered about while exiting the venue was why MTV hadn't brought the Jersey Shore gang to sit front row at this show. It would have made a great addition to their Season 2 Debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment