Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Monday, September 6, 2010

White-Wash and Mother Nature: the Binetti s/s2011 Collection PREVIEW


Bookmark and Share



TEXT, VIVIAN KELLY

Yesterday, as I thought back to my IM conversations earlier in the week with friends PR maven, JONO WAKS, and CASI DENSMORE COON, Editor of www.cupcakemag.com, it hit me.
I LOVE THE PRE-SHOW ASPECT OF FASHION WEEK BECAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF BEING A KID AND GETTING READ TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL. ALL OF A SUDDEN, I WAS 14 AGAIN, AND THE MOST PRESSING THING ON MY LABOUR DAY AGENDA WAS TO ORGANIZE THE OUTFITS [AND ACCESSORIES!] I'LL TAKE WITH ME ON WEDNESDAY A.M. when I check into the Cornell Club and officially start s/s2011 fashion week. THE MOST DIFFICULT PART OF THE VERY ENTERTAINING ASPECT OF BEING A FASHION WRITER/EDITOR, IS THAT I'M WEARING FALL, BUT I'M PREVIEWING SPRING DESIGNS I WANT TO WEAR RIGHT NOW.

AFTER VIEWING THE SUPERLATIVE s/s 2010 PREVIEW ARTICLE in www.nymagazine.comFASHION TRIBES FRIEND, WRITER MARK BEHNKE EMAILED ME AS A "MUST READ" - I'M EXPECTING A FASHION WHITE OUT FOR SPRING. BY WHITE, THOUGH, DESIGNERS ARE EXERCISING A LOT OF CREATIVITY WITH IT, NOT JUST THROWING A BORING WHITE LINEN SUIT YOUR WAY OR WHIPPING UP DRESSES THAT YOU'D HESITATE TO WEAR FOR FEAR OF BEING MISTAKEN FOR A BRIDE.
TAKE BINETTI. Buenos Aires born Diego Binetti tenured at Bulgari and Jill Stuart, and later founded his eponymous line in 2001. The Benetti bohemian chic collection is sold in over 60 storefronts across the United States and 22 countries worldwide.
His upcoming collection will feature an "air" print, white chiffon infused with black china ink, and "the Bodice" mixes textures of metal beaded work and organza cutouts of fish scale shapes, all over delicate white tulle. After flipping through the 100 preview images from NY Mag's "The Cut" [referenced above], it seems that white + nature inspired detailing = a novel and romantic approach to wearing white and banishing black come spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment