Tobi.com

boutique
the official online boutique of
The Fashion Examiner
get 20% off - use code EXAM20

About Me

My photo
As a nearly 20 year Fashion Industry Vet, I've made TheFE my place to cover and discuss everything fashionable from books, to designer ready-to-wear to couture. All aspects of a fashionable lifestyle are included. BIG NEWS: I'VE MOVED TheFE TO WORDPRESS to take advantage of their superior publishing platform. http://thefashionexaminer.wordpress.com See you there!!

Twitter

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

BARBARA TFANK – The “Come out and play” spring 2010 collection






TEXT: VIVIAN G. KELLY
Images, Richard Spiegel

TIME & PLACE: 4:30p.m.
New York Fashion Week
Milk Studios, 8th Floor

Barbara’s work has always had a sixties elegance and aesthetic to it. This season, Barbara told us she has a moment of self-discovery which came when she opened the pages of AVEDON Fashion: The Definitive Collection. Says Barbara, “I had not realized how profoundly my approach to design had been influenced by working with Richard Avedon when I was a very young designer.”
She was lucky – Mr. Avedon let her pore over his private archive of fashion stills. The sixties elements were all there: the Kevin style bouffants, the music, and the cat eyes and of course, the clothes. There were timeless silhouettes present – blousons, A-line skirts that evoke that pretty primness we all loved when Jackie Kennedy wore it during her White House years.
While the clothes had us briefly fantasizing of leading this languorous early sixties lifestyle, this is one designer who’s got her feet firmly on the ground.
“I want to give real things of real value from day to evening to my customer, something they want to keep in their closets for many seasons.”

No comments:

Post a Comment